a post where I explain with images how foxes are the best thing ever, and how if you disagree you are obviously wrong
[Image: a three-layer "checkerboard" cake with white icing in the pink, purple and blue bisexual pride colours with the caption “Happy Bisexual Visibility Day! September 23, 2014]
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Batman and Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero are all immensely better than Nolans.
I’d even say the Burton films are even better than the Nolans.
I like the Nolanverse (well, 2/3rds of it anyway) but the best? Far from.
1. I am writing fic and I wanted to verify if my mother and grandmother’s rural southern experiences were the same as women in urban northern areas.
2. I absolutely understand why that is the first result for my search terms.
we are the shield that protects them
today is bi visibility day. as such, bisexual people will be completely visible for the next 24 hours. this is a bad day to engage in bank heists, ghost impersonations, covert operations for vague yet menacing government agencies, and other common bisexual hobbies that rely upon our powers of invisibility.
reblog to save a life.
Today, in honor of #BiWeek, the report “Understanding Issues Facing Bisexual Americans” was released by the Movement Advancement Project (MAP), BiNet USA, and the Bisexual Resource Center (BRC). Here are some things we learned:
- There are over 9 million LGBT people in the United States and more than half identify as bisexual
- Only 28% of bisexuals say that all the important people in their life know they are bisexual, compared to 77% of gay men and 71% of lesbians
- Approximately 25% of bisexual men and 30% of bisexual women live in poverty, compared to 15% and 21% of non-LGB men and women respectively and 20% and 23% of gay man and lesbians
- Nearly half of bisexual people report that they are not out to any of their coworkers (49%), compared to just 24% of lesbian and gay people.
- 20% of bisexuals report experiencing a negative employment decision based on their identity, and almost 60% of bisexual people report hearing anti-bisexual jokes and comments on the job
- When bisexual survivors of violence interact with police, however, they are three times more likely to experience police violence than people who are not bisexual.
- Bisexual people have high rates of poor physical and mental health. Physical disparities include higher rates of hypertension, poor or fair physical health, smoking, and risky drinking than non-LGB people, lesbians, or gay men. Despite these disparities, and perhaps compounding them, bisexual people are less likely than gay men or lesbians to be out to their health care providers.
- Bisexual people experience higher rates of sexual and intimate partner violence than gay, lesbian, and straight people.
How do I look?
Check out all our articles on Christian faith & bisexuality!
Resources For Bisexual/Non-Monosexual, Queer + Questioning People of Faith (any faith):
- Bisexual People of Faith on Facebook - A community for bisexual people from all faith, religious, spiritual, spirit and wisdom traditions
- Blessed Bi Spirit edited by Rabbi Debra Kolodny - a collection of 32 articles, poems, prayers, and stories from bisexual men and women on a wide variety of spiritual paths
- Bisexuality: Making the Invisible the Visible in Faith Communities - a guidebook to aid congregation’s to welcome and minister to bisexual people and their families
Fact: Level five bisexuals can fold fitted sheets perfectly.
Darren Hunt of Utah
The murder of young Black Men by police continues.
oh for fucks SAKE
Y’all he was shot in the back…. HE WAS SHOT IN THE BACK…
He was carrying a sword? This mf in my geography class carried a sword to class everyday and when I expressed my discomfort it was dismissed. But this brotha was shot in the back.
and it was a blunted sword.. couldn’t have cut anybody… but white people walking around with loaded rifles in target…
Exactly! This is evil.
Is that …. Michael Fassbender of all people in a sexual assault PSA.