Punky Sidekicks, All the ladies you hate, superheroes, Bisexuality Existing and You Not Being a Biphobic Asshole, queer stuff, kinky stuff, sex positive, fanfic, sexual escapades of fictional people
I love almost all the Disney films. Despite their problematic bullshit at times, I can’t help it. I love them. No apologies.
Mulan is my favorite of the female-led/”princess” films.
BUT MY FAVORITE OF ALL TIME is ROBIN HOOD. (the one with the foxes.)
Marian! Lady Kluck! Friar Tuck as a Badger! Sir Hiss! Adorable creatures!
Yo, Bucky, I’m really happy for your cameo and all …
But did this show just make Falcon a bad guy? Gee, I bet the new show won’t do that.
It’s like each episode is trying to make me happier that this show is getting canceled.
Ordinary Artemis pairings w/ Roy, Dick, and Kaldur
"Agent X" spills the bean on the future of Marvel Animation
I’m taking it all with a grain of salt, because somehow I doubt that Marvel really gives a fuck about people whining on the internet - they never have before!
BUT LOOK. SAM. PLEASE BE A CERTAIN APPEARANCE, SAM. I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE, SAM. COME BE STEVE ROGERS’ ACTUAL BEST FRIEND BECAUSE MOVIE STEVE DOES NOT CURRENTLY HAVE ONE. AND HE NEEDS ONE. ALSO, YOU ARE PERFECT.
Please come exist in Captain America 2, Sam.
-AYA CRYING. MY HEART.
- CAROL FERRIS YOU ARE BADASS.
- Dessert, eh? Show, I see what you did there.
- SAINT WALKER and your bro planet, I love you.
- oh, okay, ship. I’m there with you. Aya/Razer, welcome to being one of the few canon ships I actively ship.
- Saint Walker and bro planet, that was badass.
-Oh, snap, Hal Jordan, that looked like it hurt.
- “He may not have the strength, but does he have the will,” is pure fucking cheese and I unabashedly love it. If you didn’t, you have no fucking business watching a cartoon based on comics, so fuck you.
- Hal, honey, I’m pretty sure the war already BEGAN.
-Again with the inappropriate dessert, and this time with a wink. Show. I approve.
So, basically? I don’t post as much about GLTAS because after I watch it, I generally just feel ~satisfied.~ And general satisfaction doesn’t get as much commentary as other things, because ya know, squeaky wheel, grease, etc.
But this ep was pretty goddamn flawless and I will FIGHT you if you think otherwise. (not really. But I will think you have shit for taste.)
So thinky thoughts.
Yesterday and today, I watched Captain America: The First Avenger twice.
The scene that keeps coming back to me is when Steve jumps on the grenade to save his teammates.
I love that scene because it really shows who Steve is … and I think most of fandom agrees with me on that. Blah blah shows his courage blah blah all good things blah blah.
I can’t help but compare that to some parts of fandom’s reaction to Kaldur sacrificing himself in order to save J’onn on Young Justice. There were genuinely people who thought that meant he was unqualified to be leader because of his sacrifice (those people are bad and they should feel bad.) To a certain extent, I think even the show condoned that line of thinking… which is stupid.
Conclusion: Kaldur needs to meet Steve Rogers.
I judge them too. I mean, I prefer Steph as Spoiler and Batgirl, but that’s mostly because her creative teams were better and far more competent.
1. KALDUR. I think I have squeed a lot about this character. Because he is my favorite. It’s rare that the animated universes give a new character that feels like they fit so perfectly, but this one absolutely does. I love him so much, I don’t even have words. I love his strength, I adore his kindness, and I flail over his dedication to his team.
2. M’gann. People who hate M’gann are not human beings worth my time. And her catchphrase isn’t a damn bit more stupid than “whelmed” (gosh, which one did fandom embrace?) And there’s nothing wrong with female characters making cookies, get over yourself, fandom.
3. Black Canary: I love all Canary, all the time, but I really love that this one is in charge of training the team for physical battle. NOT Batman. Not Wildcat. It makes me very happy. I also love that she was in charge of the therapy session.
4. Robin: I love his update! I gushed about that in a previous Top Five, but I adore him.
5. Red Arrow: I love all his little angry outbursts and his friendship with Kaldur is perfect.
Step 1: See commercial for Thor: Tales from Asgard.
Step 2: Cry about the lack of Cap cartoon in contrast to everyone else’s (GL, Iron Man, 7 million Spidey toons) toons.
Awwwwww, poor Captain Marvel.
"You are so making this up to me later." LOL, show, I approve when you are completely inappropriate.
Ahaha, Mal’s Superboy costume. :) Conner’s reaction is pretty much the same as mine to the 90s outfit. So bad.
KALDUR, your FAITH IN YOUR TEAM IS PERFECT.
Also, I love that Roy gets invited to the adult (and Robin) secret meeting. I love more that Kaldur, Robin and Wally are OBVIOUSLy in the clear with Roy.
Hi, there, Secret!
AHAHA, Zatanna switching her shoes in the middle of her running sequence. Awesome.
"Harm doesn’t battle his demons. Harm embraces them." LOLOLOL, that’s a little too much cheese, show.
Harm is a little too much cheese, to be frank. The whole “referring to self in 3rd self” really only works for Doom.
I approve of M’gann, Conner and Wally’s prank. Sucks to be you, Marvin.
Okay, the “Secret” thing is annoying me now.
Ha, Artemis’ comeback. Saving that one up, were you, Artie?
To be honest, I didn’t like this one. Greta didn’t live up to the considerable awesome she was in the comics (where she was allowed to have actual dialogue, pft.) And the women on this show are fantastic, so Greta not being allowed to reach her full awesome (standing still is not a superpower, show) is especially disappointing, because this show could do better. Also, Harm sucked.
tl;dr: Eh, every show has at least one turkey.