OH HI LOOK THIS ISN’T ACTUALLY ABOUT SEX AT ALL.
Oops, I have failed at this meme for them. Have some headcanons though.
- The first time they kiss is during The Great Undercover Mission. She kisses him, and she immediately feels bad about it, but sometimes under highly stressful situations you do things you wouldn’t otherwise do. He is the first one to pull away, he touches her face, and they don’t talk about it again during the Great Undercover Mission. The only difference in their relationship is the tension that Black Manta assumes is simply more proof of their love for one another.
- He helps her move after Wally’s death, and she never even has to ask. She’s glad because everyone else is distraught about Wally, and she ends up feeling like an inconvenience each time she tries to ask. The second Flash actually CRIED when he offered to help, so Kaldur showing up without being asked is a relief. Artemis feels guilty about that kiss a lot while they move boxes. Kaldur feels guilty about regretting pulling away. They still don’t talk about it.
- He helps her drop off the shitty couch that she never wanted. It’s ugly and hideous and tacky and Wally had loved it so much, so she’d given in. She’s glad now that she let him win that fight, but she ends up crying as she’s donating it, and Kaldur’s hand on her shoulder is the kind of strength that she is so thankful to have but wishes she didn’t have to borrow.
- It takes her a week to go buy a new couch. He sits in the rental truck while she picks it out.( “This one is your decision.”)
- The year after Wally’s death is filled with college and putting the team back together. It’s also filled with Lian tagging along with Aunt Artemis (and the puppy). Everything about the team is different now, especially with Dick gone and the new guys present. It’s different because they all expect Artemis and Kaldur to Be The All-Knowing Elders. It’s exactly the kind of chaos that Artemis missed when she was “retired,” and never realized until The Great Undercover Mission.
- That year also has a lot of shared conversations between Conner, M’Gann, Kaldur, and Artemis, usually in Artemis’ tiny new apartment. Conner and M’Gann go off on their own at the end of the night, and that leads to a lot of Kaldur and Artemis cleaning up cookie pans.
- It also leads to M’Gann discretely tugging Conner out of the door when Artemis falls asleep with her head on Kaldur’s chest during one of their movie nights. Because you don’t actually have to read minds to know that four is sometimes a crowd.
- The second time they kiss is on the couch that Artemis picked out. Conner and M’Gann have been gone for hours, they are FAR TOO OLD to be watching The Little Mermaid, and Lian is asleep down the hall. They are in the middle of their third kiss when Lian interrupts them and tells them that she has to pee.
- In years to come, Lian is never going to hear the end of that story.
- It’s been about a year and some change since Wally died when they go on their first “official” date. Neither of them feel guilty, because they both loved Wally, but you move on.
- The first place they have sex is on Artemis’ couch (obviously not during a night that Lian is having a sleep over). It was hers and now it’s theirs, and that feels very important and very different from what she’s had before.
- Neither of them will admit it, but over the years, patching each other up after a mission becomes their actual favorite foreplay.
As much as I want David and Teddy to be each other’s endgame, I’ve been feeling very Kaldury lately.
countlessuntruths said: Since Hawkeyes have been requested, either Kaldur/Dick or Kaldur/Artemis, 1. Bad romance plot loosely taken from “A Man I Used to Know” by Margot Dalton
"It will be nice, seeing Kaldur again," Wally said in what Artemis supposed was supposed to be the most subtle way possible as they had lunch in the hospital cafeteria.
"I know you’re not a real medical professional or anything, but I thought they taught you lab guys the basics," Artemis replied coolly. "Namely, never to pick an open wound."
"Might get an infection," Wally retorted back.
"Seriously, how did I ever sleep with you?"
"When you had other options?" Wally pressed.
"Now is a good time to remind you what I can do with a sharp scalpel."
Her job was never easy, and that was one of the reasons that Artemis took it. The other reasons she didn’t dwell on, and if people were smart enough, they didn’t dwell on it either. The only person who was allowed to was her mother, and even she lingered on the obvious only long enough for a hug that lasted longer than it needed to and an “I’m proud of you, Artemis” that was softer than it ever needed to be.
But her job became extra difficult on the second day of the rodeo, when the only other person who had ever had the liberty to dwell on just why the child of two criminals would become a doctor landed on her table in the Emergency room.
Artemis did her job, and she did it well, trying not to think about the fact that there were two terrified looking children in the waiting room that looked an awful lot like Tula.
Five years ago, Tula had been alive.
When Artemis’ hands were sore from being forced to remain steady, Kaldur opened his eyes and looked up at her groggily. The small smile took more energy than he should have expended, so really, it was the least she could do to return it.
"Hey, Cowboy," she managed to reply back. "We really do have to stop meeting like this."
She’d been happy before, Artemis told herself when the undercover mission began. In fact, it was the mantra that she repeated each morning.
Telling herself that she’d been happy allowed her to have something to fight for. It gave her something to get back to, because she had been so happy with Wally, and getting back to that life that they had shared was absolutely worth biting down her temper at each slight that came her way through her newfound companions. It was absolutely worth swallowing back her revulsion at each terrible act that she and Kaldur couldn’t stop in order to keep their cover.
The mantra was a good one, and its familiarity drowned out the quiet memories of being restless during the repeated reality shows, prompt dinners, and college courses that were a part of her mundane new life.
But then Kaldur was hurt, and Artemis could barely manage to even think her old mantra without wanting to smash the image staring back at her from the mirror.
Artemis wasn’t sure what had changed - this life was worse than ever before, and she should want to get back the life she’d loved so much, shouldn’t she?
It took an innocent walk into Kaldur’s mind to figure out what had changed.
That figured, didn’t it? Kaldur always knew them better than they’d known themselves.
A simple brush of an image, something so delicate that Artemis couldn’t even reach out and touch it. She stood to the side, murmuring “together,” in Atlantean and in English, in the hopes that it would matter.
She wished that she could remember the Atlantean word for “happy,” because she would offer that promise, too. Someday, they’d find that too, just as the image suggested that Kaldur wanted.
If she could find the words, she would make that be her new mantra.
"Are you mad?"
It was the first thing that Artemis asked her and it was the last thing that Zatanna expected.
"Why would I be angry?" Zatanna asked. "You’re alive!"
In reply, Artemis handed over the charm she’d been using the past few months. “Nightwing wasn’t exactly truthful when he got this out of you. Plus, the whole lying about being dead deal.”
"I take it the others were stupid?" Zatanna asked. At Artemis’ nod, she rolled her eyes. "We all grieved for you. But we all took vows to be heroes and know what that means to our personal happiness sometimes. I’m just glad you’re back."
"I"m glad I’m back, too. So glad you could possibly even get away with one of those mushy hugs you’re so fond of."
Zatanna seized the invitation when it was offered.
Later, when they were snuggling together on the couch, she continued to do so.
roserelease asked: “Artemis from Young Justice.”
* how I feel about them
* favourite scene
* otp for them (romantic or otherwise)
* my endgame of choice
* my response to fandom’s attitude towards them
Awwwwww, poor Captain Marvel.
"You are so making this up to me later." LOL, show, I approve when you are completely inappropriate.
Ahaha, Mal’s Superboy costume. :) Conner’s reaction is pretty much the same as mine to the 90s outfit. So bad.
KALDUR, your FAITH IN YOUR TEAM IS PERFECT.
Also, I love that Roy gets invited to the adult (and Robin) secret meeting. I love more that Kaldur, Robin and Wally are OBVIOUSLy in the clear with Roy.
Hi, there, Secret!
AHAHA, Zatanna switching her shoes in the middle of her running sequence. Awesome.
"Harm doesn’t battle his demons. Harm embraces them." LOLOLOL, that’s a little too much cheese, show.
Harm is a little too much cheese, to be frank. The whole “referring to self in 3rd self” really only works for Doom.
I approve of M’gann, Conner and Wally’s prank. Sucks to be you, Marvin.
Okay, the “Secret” thing is annoying me now.
Ha, Artemis’ comeback. Saving that one up, were you, Artie?
To be honest, I didn’t like this one. Greta didn’t live up to the considerable awesome she was in the comics (where she was allowed to have actual dialogue, pft.) And the women on this show are fantastic, so Greta not being allowed to reach her full awesome (standing still is not a superpower, show) is especially disappointing, because this show could do better. Also, Harm sucked.
tl;dr: Eh, every show has at least one turkey.