Punky Sidekicks, All the ladies you hate, superheroes, Bisexuality Existing and You Not Being a Biphobic Asshole, queer stuff, kinky stuff, sex positive, fanfic, sexual escapades of fictional people
ALSO WOW. all of your suggestions for Femslash February were pretty awesome. I’m pretty much making a list and will be making my way through that list during the month. You are all awesome.
Five Things I love about the YA preview:
1. WE SEE KATE’S POV. God, I almost feel clean from the epic tale of man-pain that was Children’s Crusade. FINALLY. We hear about her parents, her thoughts (I THINK THAT PART OF ME IS REALLY STUPID!”>, her confusion, her happiness. We get to see the world through her eyes.
2. It’s her that has no idea what his name is, not the other way around. A+++++++++++
3. She’s still her snarky self and after a moment to catch her breath, is completely comfortable with this incredibly different situation (which is pretty much Kate Bishop 101, hi, miss ‘attack the church and i will save the silly superheroes who try to take you down’.) It feels very much like the Kate Bishop of the early YA issues with a few more years added on top of it, which … is who it should be?
4. “I think that part of me is really stupid.” - NGL, I was really worried about that scene and how the male author would pull it off (I have nothing against KG, but male privilege sometimes shows up even when you don’t expect it to) but … I am really pleased with it.
5. That art is breath-taking.
Title: Ice Cream Fixes Everything.
Warnings: Severe age differences. Mentor/sidekick relationship.
Contents: Spoilers for Children’s Crusade.
Characters/couples: Kate Bishop/Clint Barton.
Summary: The thing for Clint here is: things don’t change too much with a partner. Or maybe, with the right kind of partner things just change for the better.
Notes: Look I couldn’t wait until August so, how I see Kate and Clint’s future partnership. And my ship googles are screwed on tight.
-Barely finish literally sobbing over Lin’s sacrifice.(and I am not exaggerating when I say “sobbing.” I mean literally, tears down my cheeks.)
-Then you follow it up with “General Iroh.”
-My heart can’t handle it, show.
Adult Toph is pretty hot.
Okay, Adult Aang is pretty hot, too.
Huh. You know what’s different about this show and YJ? Even the random bystander who gives testimony is female.
LOL @ Lin smacking Tenzin to wake him up.
Even the Polar Bear Dog who saves Korra is a “she.” I’d just like to point that out. TAKE THAT, YJ.
Love Triangles are boring, to be honest.
tl;dr: I love this show more than is reasonable.